The Google Display Network consists of more than 2 million websites and reaches more than 90% of internet users around the world. Display Advertising is a great way to create awareness for your brand. It’s also effective for increasing sales and building customer loyalty. There are different ways to target on the Display Network.
- Contextual Targeting- Reach users who are interested in your brand by targeting content related searches to a certain topic or keyword. For example, if a company sells cookware, they may want to target articles or blogs about recipes.
- Audience Targeting- Reach specific groups of people through their gender, demographics, interests and locations.
- Managed Placement- Reach users who are using specific websites, mobile sites, online games or apps. For example, if you are a real estate attorney, you may want to place ads on MLSLI.com or Zillow.com.
- Remarketing- Reach users who have previously been to your website. For example, if someone was shopping for shoes but didn’t complete checkout, you can “remarket” to them with banner ads reminding them of their interest.
There are different ad types available for use. These include text ads, image ads, rich media ads and video ads. Image ads are static ads, while rich media ads are animated or have some sort of moving part.
It’s important to set up the correct pricing model when setting up a display campaign. Certain models are better than others depending on the goals of the campaign:
- Cost Per Click (CPC)- Pay every time a user clicks on your ad. This should be used if the goal is to get as many users to visit your website as possible.
- Cost Per Thousand Impressions (CPM)- Pay for every thousand views. This should be used if the goal is get as much exposure and be in front of as many users within the target market as possible.
- Cost Per Acquisition (CPA)- Pay every time your ad leads to a sale or conversion. If the goal is to get as many email signups or sales, this is the best pricing model.
At Ferocious Media, our Search Engine Marketing Account Analysts utilize the best tactics for placing your business in front of your target audience. We can provide recommendations and strategies to help create an effective digital ad presence for your business. Learn more here!